Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bella? Obedience? Yes, I'm being serious...

After several weeks of having far too busy weekends, last Sunday Bella attended her first beginner obedience class as a member of Noarlunga City Obedience Dog Club- well actually, I'm the member, but Bella likes to think of herself as one.
Like at our last show, Bella was surprisingly confident, and happy to take food from me (she doesn't do this when she's very nervous). I had a lot of fun and I think she did as well, and she was actually quite responsive and interested during the majority of the lesson. The trouble came near the end when she started to get super confident and just wanted to play with all the other dogs! It is quite difficult to get a Saluki to heel sensibly when every fibre of her being is focused on flinging herself at the nearest GSD, who also seemed to think playing would be a better idea of something to do on a Sunday morning. It was nice to see Bella excited and enjoying her lesson, now just to get her to FOCUS... I'm sure we'll get there eventually!

Later in the day we had a family barbeque- fun! Bella was such a good girl around my young nephew and niece who are still not quite sure about that tall, bouncy puppy, she was very calm and didn't jump around them at all. I am very proud indeed, and Bella was pleased also when I rewarded her with some barbeque leftovers! She thought licking up ice cream mess was pretty good as well. :)

Ma Belle...

Miss Grizabella is an expert when it comes to 'the dog face', just look into those eyes and TRY and refuse her!!!
Bella

Nutty Saluki wants to play RIGHT NOW! :D
Play?


"Beautiful? Oh yes, I suppose I am rather..."
Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment